This programmatic work was originally for unaccompanied
bass or soprano clarinet. The music won honorable mention
in the 2013 International Clarinet Association Composition
Competition. The composer later added an optional piano
accompaniment. The work will be a big hit in either
format. It will be especially good in children's concerts.
There are 8 short movements that tell the story of
Pinocchio. A short paragraph is read before each movement by either the clarinetist or a narrator.
The text is provided in both English and Spanish.
- Geppetto - An old man makes a wooden marionette.
- Pinocchio - The marionette walks on his own.
- The Talking Cricket - A talking cricket warns
'Woe to boys who refuse to obey their parents"
- Fire Eater - The Fire Eater had such a fearful
appearance that one look at him would fill you with
- The Fox and the Cat - Pinocchio meets and follows
a lame Fox and a blind Cat.
- The Lovely Maiden with Azure Hair - This charming,
loving and kind Fairy nurtures Pinocchio.
- The Land of Toys - A magically wicked place where
children were encouraged to enjoy sweets, carrousels,
parades, circus, theaters and parties.
- Pinocchio Becomes a Boy - At the end of this story
Pinocchio woke up to a great surprise and joy. He had
become a real boy.
Total duration is approximately 12 minutes. The edition
includes both solo clarinet and the optional piano
Click here for more information on Alberto Guidobaldi